If you have taken a Level 1 training in the past, you may be able to identify areas of your skills that could use some updating and refreshing. High 5’s Skill Refresher: Level 1 Review is an opportunity to review essential skills that are taught at Level 1 training that focus on facilitated challenge course operations (as opposed to Adventure Parks and Zip Tours), without the need to repeat the entire workshop.
This refresher will reinforce the fundamental operational skills needed to effectively run standard challenge course elements and maintain an educationally sound adventure program. Emphasis is on practicing and improving technical skills. At the beginning of the first day, participants will have the opportunity to identify their most significant needs in terms of content review, and that co-generated list will form the basis of the training agenda.
This workshop will help you prepare and review for the Level 1 Challenge Course Practitioner Certification Exam. (Testing is optional: you must register for an exam separately.)
THIS WORKSHOP WILL INCLUDE:
- Essential challenge course skills such as spotting skills, equipment use, knot tying, belay skills, element setup, and more
- Standard operating procedures for dynamically belayed high elements
- $350.00 Includes registration, and lunch during the workshop
PARTICIPANTS MAY REVIEW AND PRACTICE:
- Outfitting personal protective equipment (PPE): Helmets, Harnesses
- Review of relevant knot-tying skills and rope coiling
- Australian Belay, TEAM Belay, and PBUS Belay methods
- Daily element and equipment inspection
- Specialty element operation reviews such as Flying Squirrel, Pamper Pole/Plank, and Giant Swing as needed.
- Cornerstones of Adventure Learning such as Sequencing, Facilitation, Group norms, and Challenge by Choice
Prerequisite: Adventure Basics: Level 1 workshop or equivalent 40 hr. training experience within the past 2-3 years. We can help you determine if this workshop is right for you Click here.
For more information on our certification program, including sample test questions, re-testing policies, study guides, and a self-assessment form Click here.