This workshop is for anyone who dreads, avoids, or is weighed down by challenging conversations in their work or personal life. You’ll learn the skills and strategies of Navigating Challenging Dialogue® as a tool for emotional self-management, engaging in difficult conversations, navigating conflict, and building trust. By design, this is not a typical workshop where you sit back and listen to the instructor. This course is experiential and you will be practicing the tools, in groups, using at least one of your own, personal challenging conversations. Upon the completion of the class, you’ll be able to immediately use the NCD tools. Facilitator Beth Wonson is the founder of Navigating Challenging Dialogue®. Beth has a 20-year history of working with schools, government agencies, non-profits, and corporations to help them create a culture of clear and clean communication, even in circumstances where people don’t agree. (You can see our own sales page at NCDsolution.com/essentials for reference material.)
During this workshop, you will:
- Learn the 4-Step NCD Process and how to implement it in your work.
- Learn to use the tools of empathy, curiosity, and accountability to foster trust, build relationships, and engage in healthy communication.
- Leave with a better ability to manage your own emotional reactions while using a fact-based approach to tough conversations.
- Gain insight into how using NCD helps you to maintain important relationships even when communication feels risky.
- Work on and receive coaching around the communication challenges that you face day-to-day.
- Acquire new skills that you can use immediately to improve your communication, relationships, and work culture.
Location & Timing:
- The workshop will take place at High 5 Adventure Learning Center, 130 Austine Drive, Suite 170, Brattleboro, VT 05301
- This 1-Day workshop will run from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm with a 40-minute lunch break.
- Everyone is required to participate in the practice. This requires completing the Pre-Work, which is writing up one of your own challenging conversations that you have been dreading or avoiding. You must bring the Pre-Work to the workshop for you to use in class.
Also included in the workshop:
- Lunch and beverages like water, coffee, tea
- NCD Essentials Workbook, Worksheets, and Pre-Work Instructions
- A digital copy of “Mastering Feedback: Everything You’ve Never Been Told About Giving Feedback" by Beth Wonson
- Complimentary access to the NCD Online Learning Center, a library of professional development guides, assessments, and videos. Based upon Navigating Challenging Dialogue®, these resources will be used to further develop your skills in building trust, leading with empathy, and communicating clearly.