There are no events scheduled at this time. If you're interested in a custom version of this workshop with your group, please follow this link (We Can Come to You) to submit a request.
Adventure learning can accelerate connections made within a group, and is a fun and often novel environment for many people. The tools we have used at High 5 to support individuals and groups in connecting are core to our identity, as they are for many facilitators. High elements often anchor an experience and provide “peak” moments to explore. These high element experiences and other facilitated endeavors will need to look different in the immediate future in response to the need for physical distancing, masking, sanitizing etc.. What core values and attributes of adventure learning will be most relevant in this context? What new frontiers will need to be explored? Which elements do we modify, and which ones do we pause? What needs to be created that doesn’t quite exist yet? Join us as we explore these questions and discover what connections through challenge course use can look like.
This 1-day workshop will begin at 9:00 am, with a break for lunch and will end at 4:00 pm. If you are interested in a custom version of this workshop at your site(Click Here to learn more).
This Workshop Will Provide Participants With The Following Experiences:
- Experience standard operating procedures for high elements that honor physical distance requirements.
- Explore how physical distance and other protocols (face coverings, for example) impact facilitation and participation, allowing participants to be better prepared to lead their own high elements.
- Have the opportunity to discuss with other educators and explore topics such as equipment quarantine, rope washing and other sanitizing procedures etc.
Adventure Basics: Level 1 skills or previous experience using high elements in an educational setting.
Participants Will Be Asked To...
- Commit to following physical distancing, face covering and other Covid-19 guidelines.
- Fill out a medical screening form prior to workshop.
- Provide their own Face covering, and hand sanitizer.
- Bring their own water bottle, drinks and/or snacks.
Participants will have the opportunity to take notes and photos of activities during the workshop. Because we are exploring and co-creating, there will be no manual provided.