There are no events scheduled at this time. If you're interested in a custom version of this workshop with your group, please follow this link (We Can Come to You) to submit a request.
This workshop is ideal for anyone who is new to adventure education or seeking to incorporate the challenge and excitement of adventure learning into their program and does not have access to a high or low challenge course.
Participants will be introduced to the foundational concepts and theories as well as the facilitation.skills that are essential for an effective portable adventure program.
- Explore strategies and techniques to create a positive environment for group participation and learning.
- Be introduced to effective sequencing, framing and debriefing activities for optimal outcomes.
- Explore ways to adapt activities to align with specific program or group goals or themes.
- Experience a wide range of icebreakers, warm-ups, cooperative games, and problem solving exercises that use both props and portable element components and others that are prop-less or utilize no equipment.
- Engage in discussion about integrating adventure into curriculum and programming.