High 5’s Annual Symposium is a great coming together of adventure professionals who love to have fun, share and learn. It’s a special 1-day event for our community to reconnect, re-energize, and re-engage with our learning and each other! We’ve lined up over 15 workshop sessions, each one offering timely topics, fresh ideas, and creative tools and activities that you can start using immediately in your classroom, challenge course program, workplace, camp, outdoor center - wherever adventure learning takes you.
Here’s a sample of workshop topics and presenters.
- Timothy Abraham - Implementing Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Strategies Into Physical Education
- Mellisa Cain - Graphic Facilitation: When Words Aren’t Enough, Think in Pictures (No Artistic Skills Needed… Really!)
- Greg Urban - SEL through BOOMWHACKERS: Connecting People through Sequenced Musical Experience
- Angela Veatch and Emily Taylor - Old, New, Borrowed - Regardless All Can Be Used: Prop-Based Initiatives
- Beth Wonson - Navigating Challenging Dialogue®
This event is held at High 5 Adventure Learning Center's campus in Brattleboro, VT, and it fills quickly so be sure to register today! Workshops and events are held indoors and in some outdoor venues as well. Your registration fee of $99 includes a continental breakfast and lunch. Join us on Saturday, April 15, 2023, for a day you won’t soon forget.