This introductory workshop is for educators interested in getting up to speed on SEL competencies through the unique approach of High 5’s social emotional programming. Participants will explore specific techniques, philosophies and experiential activities designed to build social-emotional well-being among students and staff. Content for this 1-day workshop comes directly from High 5 Adventure's Edge of Leadership program; a district-wide school program for students in grades 5-12 in Keene, NH.
In this full day session you will:
- Understand the basics of Edge of Leadership's Connect, Empower, Lead approach to facilitation and curriculum development
- Discover SEL; what it is, where it comes from, and why it is
- Learn fundamental facilitation tools used throughout our programs
- Learn how to begin integrating Social Emotional Learning practices into your program and organization
- Experience a variety of activities that promote social-emotional well-being
Plymouth State University Graduate Credits Available: 2 or 4 (EE5170)