This workshop is for educators interested in learning more about classroom-based activities that promote the development of social and emotional competency, collaborative problem-solving, and leadership skills. Edge of Leadership's (EOL) core philosophy in the development of leadership is to promote collective thinking by increasing students' social and emotional awareness of self, others, and the collective. Content for this 1-day workshop comes directly from High 5 Adventure's EOL program; a district-wide school program for students in grades 5-12 in Keene, NH.
In this full-day session you will:
- Learn activities for teaching, practicing, and discussing SEL in your classroom.
- Learn about Edge of Leadership's Connect, Empower, Lead educational approach.
- Experience a collection of activities that promote stronger relationships among students and teachers by highlighting the role of SEL and positive leadership play in the classroom community.
- Experience examples of how to frame activities, ask questions, and create classroom conversation that develops social and emotional awareness of self, others, and the collective.
- Discover activities that address risk-taking, being trustworthy, working collaboratively, making mistakes, being supportive, talking about emotions, solving conflict, and more.
With over two decades of experience in the field of leadership and team development, Ryan McCormick has lead the development and implementation of High 5 Adventure's leadership program for schools called Edge of Leadership. Now in its 7th year, EOL has grown into a district-wide Leadership program with a focus on social and emotional development for students in elementary through high school in Keene, NH.
Participants Will Be Asked To...
- Commit to following physical distancing, face covering and other Covid-19 guidelines
- Fill out a medical screening form prior to workshop
- Provide their own lunch, face covering, and hand sanitizer
- Bring their own water bottle, drinks and/or snacks.
Participants will have the opportunity to take notes and photos of activities during the workshop. Because we are exploring and co-creating, there will be no manual provided.