Course DescriptionThis 3-day workshop is an immersive opportunity for participants to advance their facilitation game to the next level. This deep dive into the specifics of Social Emotional Learning from theory to practice includes everything you need to consider when integrating or expanding SEL practices in your program.
In this 3-day session you will:
- Experience Edge of Leadership's Connect, Empower, Lead approach to SEL through an immersive hands-on adventure program
- Expand facilitation skills from framing to reflection with advanced techniques developed and refined in our own programs
- Learn powerful tools for developing self and social awareness, personal management, healthy relationships, and making responsible decisions that benefit self, others, and the collective community
- Learn techniques for managing the social and emotional risks of facilitating discussions and reflections
- Explore and understand the role emotions play in everyday interactions and develop strategies to better manage challenging emotions and social dynamics that can make or break a team
- Discover the theory, practices, and tools we’ve integrated into our programs including the work of the Yale Center For Emotional Intelligence, the Glasser Institute for Choice Theory, and the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning