Rebuilding After COVID: Professional Development Program
High 5 Adventure Learning Center has launched Rebuilding After COVID: an online, self-guided professional development course to help upper elementary, middle school, and high school educators re-engage students in learning and ease the effects of the pandemic on mental and physical health. Participants will learn how to recognize COVID-related stresses and facilitate social-emotional learning (SEL) through an experiential, activity-based program. Rebuilding After COVID is aligned with the Collaborative for Academic Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) framework and complements other SEL curricula. The activities include tools and adaptations for social-distancing, hybrid, or remote settings.
Rebuilding After COVID is informed by the evidence of how children and adults recover from trauma and draws on the High 5 team’s 35 years of research-based practice in experiential social-emotional learning, a methodology that uses play as the pathway for building relationships, increasing emotional awareness, and teaching creative problem solving.
Rebuilding After COVID has three areas of focus to help you recognize and address how the pandemic has impacted learning communities:
Rebuilding Community: Restore school climate and rebuild community.
Rebuilding Emotional Wellbeing: Recognize and manage the emotions that are likely to arise now and throughout the transition to the COVID recovery period.
Rebuilding Physicality: Use activities to create kinesthetic outlets for overcoming the effects of social distancing, screen learning, and internalized experiences of trauma.
Contact us for special school and district packages
Easy Online, Self-Guided Learning
- Professional development course delivered in easily searchable, state-of-the-art online learning site.
- More than 30 SEL developmental games, discussions, and lessons — each with easy-to-follow demonstration videos and instructions.
- Downloadable templates for program evaluation, communicating with families, and more.
- Resources for team meetings and in-service days.
- Live online training events with the High 5 team.
- Access to a community of educators all working together to re-engage students.
- Meets the requirements for the federal American Rescue Plan Act and ESSER state funding programs.
Your purchase of this professional development program helps support High 5’s mission as a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to building stronger communities.